I'm Not Insulting You....I'm Describing You.

I saw this quote recently and was a bit taken aback or perhaps offended by it. It kept popping in my head for a few days so I decided to unpack it and figure out what it meant.

You can chose to read this in a few different ways:
  • Through the eyes of hurt saying it to someone else
  • Through the eyes of offense at it being said about you
  • Through the eyes of revenge seeking to hurt
  • Through the eyes of betrayal feeling wounded
There was no particular situation this week that this could attach itself to but still it sat in my head. I felt a nudge. How would people describe me? Would I be surprised by the descriptions? Was I doing what my Father was asking?

See, I know I fail him daily but I try with all that I am to see that which is before me and act according to His will and not mine. Sometimes I get it right, sometimes I falter and yet other times I still find the rebel within me walking away. What would people say?

I found this a beautiful challenge. Not a co-dependent need to please others but a challenge of self. How do I want others to describe me? To really describe the nature of God I want them to see within me. I want them to see the best of a heavenly Father that has saved and loved me regardless of my faults. I want them to see the hope and life I have because of His love! I want them to ask me about Him! I want them to not see me or describe me but to describe HIM WITHIN ME! So go ahead.....describe away!!!!

"Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth."1 John 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment