Carry the Load

So I have to admit I'm a bit of a princess at home. My husband has spoiled me and he kindly pointed it out.

Our home has multiple levels and sometimes a heavy laundry basket can't seem to make it's way down the stairs or up the stairs. I put it in the middle of the walk way to clue him in to carry it for me to the location I need it in. He came home one evening and a basket was waiting for him at the foot of the stairs to carry up. He walked into our room with the basket and asked... "How do these baskets make it up and down on their own when I'm not around? You are not weak, sometimes you just choose to be." and with that he set me in place!

Ha, such a little comment about a silly basket but it actually hit me to heart. How many times have I been fully equipped to do something but refuse to lean on the strength growing within and wait for the "savior" to help us carry the load. Society, culture our very own self keeps us tied to an identity of weakness that is not ours to hold.  I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME! (Phil 4:13)

I gained 89 pounds, mostly in my belly, with the triplets and when Doctors urged us to "reduce" (medical term for abortion) in order to give the other two a better chance at survival I didn't flinch and instantly understood..."You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb." (Psalm 139:13) This 5 foot frame carried triplets with no high blood pressure, no gestational diabetes, no anemia and no preeclampsia...the question is, what can't I do?!

Sometimes you just forget and need someone to put you in your place! Gotta go.....there's a basket with my name! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment