You have triplets?????


The question I get several times a week.

I never really know where these start-up conversations are gonna go. It could be plain curiosity, awe, delight, a few times disgust and many more than I can ever count a true ministry moment. Regardless of what my day has looked like, where I’m going and what mood the kids are in ..I have learned to listen to the words that they are NOT saying. I take a moment to chat with them and be open with my story. 

They say that most people aren’t as open to talk about Christianity or open to be invited to church but my life story has Jesus written all over it so I can share that! I don’t have to speak scriptures, wear a cross or tell them what I do for a living. All they have to do is hear my story unfold and the fruit overflow. I like answering questions about how I do things, how tired I must be, how much help I must have, how tired I must be,  how overwhelmed I must feel......how tired I must be!
What keeps me going?? There is an alternate story the enemy tried to tell!  

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (John 10:10) The raw truth is that my story could have been different. Regardless of how tired, stressed, busy and unappreciated you must feel think of the alternative! My husband and I could still be trying to have a family and praying for an answer but instead, we have been given a gift (though bigger than we had ever prayed for) so why would I now turn to Him and complain????

Don’t get me wrong…. Of course we have our moments…after all, we're human…. but I refuse to dwell there!! Who wins?? Instead, I give myself a minute….cry out to God about how tired, stressed, busy or unappreciated I feel and ask for His strength not mine! Then I spend 3 minutes thanking Him for just that.....the fatigue, stress and the business of my life!!! What else could I be doing now if the alternative had been true?! 

This world can quickly turn your biggest blessing into your biggest thorn if you allow it to. So my advise….take a minute and talk to those who stop you because you may be planting a seed or watering a seed but truly they are reminding YOU of your very own story and blessings!  Who are you talking to today and what are you focusing on? Remember, the story is not about you....it might just be about that divine meeting and that person that was specifically sent to you!

Scriptures to lean on:
Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it! (Hebrews 13:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment