Façades

Growing up in my culture and time it was always important to keep up appearances. Even if you or your family was having a bad day it was your family responsibility to put on a good face. Façades of life...something I learned to carry on regardless of the pain I was in.

As a young adult my pendulum swung the complete opposite way. If I liked you then you knew it and if I didn't then you knew it too! Not much for tact, grace or manners. I felt as if I had not time to play "pretend" anymore as my childhood was spent in this way. Soon I realized this too was not serving me well. I had very few friends and felt like I was placing my hurt on others.

Now I live my life as if in a glass house. You do get what you see and there are no hidden intentions or agendas. I live my life for others to see that there is hope in Christ. That regardless of your past you can live through it and not just survive with a facade but live a full life. Walk through the rooms of my life and witness the miracles I have seen! Feel free to touch the doors, sit on the furniture and have a cup of coffee. If you have a minute I can tell you my story, my miracles and about God's love.

PS... I don't have decaf! (wink)

No comments:

Post a Comment