To prepare or not to prepare???

Have you ever had one of those days where you slept in a little too long, took a little too much time picking an outfit, forgot you needed gas, took the wrong freeway, needed to stop at the atm, forgot something & had to go back and my personal favorite....forgot to put on your shoes!??? Well, it happens to the best of us.... or shall I say the unprepared of us.

As a wife, mom, employee, daughter, friend ....I have plenty on my plate. My day goes like this:

5:00am - first alarm; 5:05am - second alarm; 5:15am - last alarm!!
5-6am - time with God & coffee
6-630am - get dressed
630-7am - pack lunches for triplets & make breakfast
7-730am - encourage (help) triplets get dressed, brush hair/teeth
730am-8am - breakfast, pray with kids, practice memory verse
810am- drop kids off at school
815am- drive to work and start my real day!

Tired? me too!!! And that's just the first 3 hours of my day! What you don't see is that the night before I have laid out ironed uniforms, signed notes, packed back packs, pre-set lunch options and prepared dinner for next day. Even God prepared us:
Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Yeah, it's a lot but lets think about it. When you fail to prepare yourself then how will you ever be ready? When I'm busy ironing uniforms the night before I know that this is setting me up for the journey of tomorrow. It may only win me a few minutes but it gives me those extra minutes to talk to a friend, to be a listening ear, to prepare for that meeting, to take extra time to pray, to call a loved one, to solve a problem, to just be in the moment and allow that "tug" of the holy spirit into my life! We pray for ears to hear and eyes to see but if we're busy rushing from one place to the next..... how will you see? Will it just be a blurred vision as you rush on by? Proverbs 31:27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness
.

Preparing today for tomorrow may just buy you that extra few minutes that may just change your life.....and I don't want to be late for that appointment!

Now... go set your clocks!!!! Set three if you have to...I do!

Matthew 25:13
Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment